The Sony LMD-A240 24″ LCD Production Monitor is a portable, 1920 x 1200 resolution monitor for on set, studio, and broadcast use. The monitor features an IPS LCD display with wide 178° horizontal and vertical viewing angles, and it provides 3G/HD/SD-SDI, HDMI, and composite inputs that support NTSC/PAL, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p input signals with frame rates from 24p to 60p.
The monitor introduces several new features and upgrades from previous LMD series monitors, including a new low-latency automatic I/P conversion, a new video processing engine for improved image accuracy, on-screen tally, and yoke mounting screw holes. The monitor also provides a wide range of professional monitoring features. such as built-in waveform and vectorscope, focus assist with adjustable colored peaking, timecode display, and a Slog2 to Rec 709 LUT.
A built-in audio decoder lets you display up to 16 channels of embedded SDI audio. Audio can be monitored using the 3.5mm headphone jack on the front panel, or with the 1W built-in speaker. A composite input with loop-through output provides connectivity for standard-definition analog devices and is paired with a 3.5mm stereo mini jack audio input. Two Ethernet ports provide connectivity for serial and parallel remotes; letting you control and load monitor settings via your network, as well as upgrade the monitor’s software. For use in the field, there is a 12 VDC power input on 4-pin XLR.
The monitor is compatible with standard VESA 100 x 100mm mounting hardware. Optional rackmount brackets are also available. Monitor feet are included.
- IPS LCD panel with 178°/178° viewing angles
- 1920 x 1200 native resolution
- Multi-format input signal support, NTSC/PAL, 1080i, and 1080p
- Frame rates from 24p to 60p
- Dual 3G/HD/SD-SDI inputs with active loop through
- HDMI input
- Composite input with loop-through out
- Slog2 to 709 LUT
- Multiple color gamut display (SMPTE C, EBU, ITU-R BT.709, and Native)
- Internal waveform monitor with zoom and line select features
- Internal vectorscope with zoom
- Focus assist with adjustable colored peaking
- EIA/CEA 608 and 708 digital closed caption decoder
- Timecode display
- Seven assignable function buttons
- Ethernet and parallel remote control
- Embedded audio decoding and display
- 16-channel audio monitor for SDI input
- 3.5mm stereo mini jack audio input
- Front-panel 3.5mm headphone jack
- Lighted control panel
- 12 VDC power input
- Double-coated paint finish
- Optional rackmount brackets