The TD-17 KV V-Drums Electronic Drum Kit from Roland is part of the V-Drums series of electronic drums built with training tools that are designed to push you further. It includes: 1 x TD-17 sound module with Bluetooth, 1 x PDX-12 snare, 3 x PDX-8 tom V-pads, 1 x CY-5 hi-hat, 1 x CY-8 crash cymbal, 1 x CY-8 ride cymbal, 1 x KD-10 kick pad, and an MDS-COM drum rack stand. Combining a TD-50 class sound engine with updated pads, the electronic drum kit can be used to mirror the physical movement, stick coordination, and hand/foot control that is like playing an acoustic drum set.
An array of built-in coaching functions will track your technique, measure your progress, and increase your motivation to becoming a better drummer. In addition, if you regularly play acoustic drums, you shouldn’t have to change your playing style to use an electronic drum kit. The drum set allows you to use the same playing techniques you’d use on an acoustic kit.
Wirelessly stream your favorite songs from your smartphone into the sound module via Bluetooth and play along with your favorite band, or rehearse the tunes you’ll be playing on stage. Hear the performance back in your headphones. You can even record your performance, and then listen back and decide where you need to improve. Becoming a better drummer is still hard work, but the TD-17 KV can help you get there.
Roland TD-17 Drum Sound Module
Featuring a sound engine inherited from the flagship TD-50, the Roland TD-17 Drum Sound Module provides an expressive and natural drumming experience for V-Compact series pads and features an array of built-in coaching functions that will track your technique and measure your progress. Additionally, you can play along with your favorite tunes or watch online drum lessons while listening to the audio wirelessly via Bluetooth. The TD-17 is designed to help you become a better drummer, faster.
The Roland TD-17 includes 100 drum kits (50 presets) with 310 instruments. Each instrument can be customized via instrument parameters including level, pan, tuning, muffling, snare buzz, and strainer. With the onboard song player, you can mix the balance of your drumming with the built-in songs, change the tempo, and loop specific sections. It allows you to import your own songs and includes 7 preset songs for practicing and jamming along with. Import your own samples and songs and record your performance (up to 60 minutes). The Roland TD-17 includes a sound module mount, AC adapter, and special connection cable for working with optional drum pads and hardware.
- Expressive and dynamic sound inherited from Prismatic Sound modeling technology of the TD-50
- High-speed response with wide dynamic range and high-resolution of tonal changes
- Authentic hi-hat sound with smooth open-to-closed pedal control, and bow/edge tonal detection
- Open and closed rim-shots detected for authentic snare technique
- Bluetooth audio for wirelessly streaming audio from your smartphone to the TD-17 module
- Coach functions support your daily exercise and warm-up routines
- Play back audio files from SD card
- Preset drum kits cover a wide range of music genres, with further sound customization possible
- Ambience control and variation, to emulate venues from small stages to large halls
- Import user samples, assign them to any pad, and layer them with internal sounds for deeper customization and creating individual drum sounds
- Compatible with Melodics for V-Drums to improve your sense of time
- 2-trigger inputs for additional pads or pedals
- USB port for connecting to your computer for music production
Roland PDX-12 Dual-Trigger Mesh V-Pad
The Roland PDX-12 is a high-quality dual-trigger drum pad designed for use as a snare/tom pad with V-drum series electronic drum kits. The 12″ pad has a durable 2-ply mesh construction with tension adjustment for natural rebound, resistance, and stick feel. The dual-triggering system lets you trigger the rim and head separately for realistic playing. The pad can mount to traditional snare/tom stands and compatible tom holders. The Roland PDX-12 includes a connection cable, drum key, and knob bolt.
- Large 12″ pad ideal to develop your stick work
- 2-ply mesh pad head is tension-adjustable for natural rebound, resistance and stick-feel
- Low-height hoop, similar to standard acoustic snares
- Detects head shots and rim shots independently
- Can be mounted to traditional snare/tom stands and compatible tom holders
Roland PDX-8 Dual-Trigger 10″ Mesh V-Pad for Snare or Tom
The PDX-8 from Roland is a high-quality mesh V-Pad, great for use as a snare or tom. The PDX-8 uses dual-trigger technology for separate head and rim triggering. The 10″ rim provides comfortable and quiet rimshots for a realistic performance.
Roland CY-5 – Dual-Trigger Cymbal Pad for Hi-Hat or Splash
The CY-5 from Roland is a dual-trigger cymbal pad ideal for use as a hi-hat or splash cymbal. It has a 12″ playing zone and swing movement to allow for easier triggering. It also offers separate triggering on the bow and edge for a more dynamic performance.
Roland FD-9 Hi-Hat Control Pedal
Roland‘s FD-9 Hi-Hat Control Pedal is designed to provide a quiet solution to the dilemma of practicing drums at home: oftentimes even electronic kits are too loud for the thin walls of a densely populated apartment complex. Enter the FD-9, which offers a patent-pending link mechanism to reduce the noise produced when depressing the pedal. The FD-9 also boasts a realistic hi-hat feel with lifelike transitions between open, half-opened, and fully closed positions, as well as full compatibility with any V-Drum module sporting 1/4″ trigger inputs.
Roland CY-8 – Dual-Trigger V-Cymbal Crash Pad
The CY-8 from Roland is a dual-trigger cymbal pad ideal for use as a crash cymbal. It has excellent swing movement and a realistic cymbal look to allow for easy triggering. It also offers separate triggering on the bow and edge, as well as choke capabilities, for a more dynamic performance.
Roland KD-10 Kick Pad
The Roland KD-10 Kick Pad is a low-noise electronic kick drum pad, well suited for V-drum series kits. The pad provides a great acoustic kick-drum feel, but with much less noise due to its rubber covered cushion. The pad is compatible with most optional single and double pedals. The Roland KD-10 is built tough, easy to set up, and includes a connection cable.
- Head naturally absorbs the shock of the beater
- All the feel of an acoustic kick drum as the beater strikes the head, with dedicated mesh material and cushion
- Low-noise design with the rubber cover combined with dedicated cushion
- Compatible with standard kick pedals, including double-pedal configuration
- Enhanced stability via wide-based design that prevents rocking motion when playing
Roland MDS-Compact Drum Stand for TD-17 Series V-Drums Kits
The Roland MDS-Compact is a compact drum stand designed for TD-17 Series V-Drums kits. It contains all hardware and pad mounting options and can be used for standard drum settings with two cymbals or three cymbals.
The MDS-Compact features an integrated H frame at its center to ensure stability for the entire kit. The ball clamps used for the snare pad mount and cymbal mount allow for subtle angle adjustments and flexible settings. The stand also supports the installation of a third-party hi-hat stand for holding a Roland V hi-hat.
For convenience, the MDS-Compact can be folded with the sound source and pads attached.
- 1 pad mount (ball clamp type)
- 3 pad mounts
- 3 cymbal mounts (with cymbal nut and felt washer)
- Sound source mounting plate is not included