The Mellotron M4000D Mini was developed to meet the needs of keyboardists who want an even smaller and lighter digital Mellotron, and offers the same features, sounds and front panel controls as the larger M4000D. Instead of the M4000D’s wooden keyboard, it includes a high-quality, semi-weighted Fatar piano-style keyboard with velocity sensitivity, and no aftertouch.
The 24-bit uncompressed sounds are immediately accessible and two banks of sounds can be accessed at the same time and blended. An expansion card slot lets you add another 100 sounds. The front panel TFT display can even display images of the selected instruments.
The M4000D Mini features the same controls as the larger version, including volume, tone, normal/half-speed play, and pitch adjustment. It also provides the same outputs as the M4000D—A and B banks plus Master; sustain, expression, and volume pedals; and headphones—only on unbalanced 1/4-in. connectors. MIDI in, out, and thru are also included.
The Mini’s lightweight metal cabinet is designed to fit on the full-size M4000D to make a great looking dual-manual Mellotron.
- 100 instantly accessible Mellotron and Chamberlin sounds, captured from original tape sources at 24-bits, uncompressed
- Expansion slot for 100 additional sounds
- A and B sound banks simultaneously accessible, with mix control
- Controls for volume, tone, normal/half-speed play and pitch adjustment
- A, B and Master outputs available on unbalanced 1/4-in. line connectors
- 1/4-in. connectors for sustain, expression, and volume pedals, and for headphones
- MIDI in, out, and thru
- Dimensions: 32 in (W) x 13 in (D) x 3 in (H); weight: 21 pounds