Focus SAM² 6.7 – E-Bike Fully
Design & Innovation Award 2018
Enduro-E-MTB machine with 756 Wh battery capacity: the SAM² 6.7
With the compact and powerful Shimano E8000 electric drive, you can easily master any hard climb. The 378 Wh battery integrated in the frame can be extended with the external 378 Wh battery included in the scope of delivery. The then combined 756 Wh are sufficient for very long tours – for even more fun on the trails up and down the mountains.
Features – SAM² 6.7
Always as much energy as you need
The easy-to-install TEC pack puts up to 756 Wh at your disposal for those longer tours. Pack your equipment on the smart rack and store your bottle on the down tube. You can tailor your bike to your own requirements.
Optimal suspension performance in any situation
Our F.O.L.D. chassis has been specially designed to meet the increased demands placed on e-MTBs. This means that we can also guarantee the perfect mix for the e-Enduro FOCUS SAM²: F.O.L.D. is extremely sensitive while being progressive.
Handling characteristics matter
Thanks to the compact design of the Shimano E8000 motor and our battery, we have succeeded in creating a geometry for the FOCUS SAM² that is modern, agile and aggressive – just like its sporty 27.5” wheels. This means that you will have just as much fun out on the trail as with our non-electric FOCUS SAM.
Tailored Energy Concept | T.E.C.
Thanks to the TAILORED ENERGY CONCEPT (T.E.C.) you always have as much energy with you as you need: Either you only drive with an integrated battery, install an additional battery (T.E.C. pack) for longer tours with just one hand, or mount a bottle holder and equipment instead using a simple click system (Smart Rack).
FOCUS OPTIMIZED LINKAGE DESIGN F.O.L.D.
F.O.L.D. stands for FOCUS Optimised Linkage Design, and offers the ultimate in rear suspension. The patented F.O.L.D. kinematics make it possible to optimise the rear triangle for an extremely wide range of different requirements: F.O.L.D. is extremely sensitive while being progressive enough to prevent a harsh bottom out. Focus has updated F.O.L.D. for the model year 2020. The chainstay is now more rigid, without forgoing the proven advantages of F.O.L.D.. How does that work? The guidelink now moves in the mainlink and it now consists of two components, screwed together. It is more rigid, because the forces exerted are now channelled directly through the link and no longer via the bridge. The integration of the guidelink also means that the linkage is more streamlined. The damper is now on the head, guaranteeing perfect kinematics and low weight with the new design.
The AIRFLOW system ensures optimum ventilation of the integrated battery. Fresh, cool air flows through the Airflow Intakes into the down tube where the battery is installed. This airflow transports the heat away through the down tube.
FOCUS E-MTB: FOCUS SAM²
Shimano STEPS E8000
Features Shimano STEPS E8000
Powerful SHIMANO STEPS motor is strong enough to handle the steepest of trails, yet intuitive enough to give you just the right amount of support every pedal stroke along the way.
- Designed specifically to give you that natural feel of riding a normal MTB
- Weighs only 2.8kg, one of the lightest motors on the market
- Stable, smooth intuitive power for improved bike handling over every section of trail
- Solidly supports speeds up to 25 km/h
- High power with max output of 70Nm (250W)
Lightweight yet rigid crankset for direct power transfer. Both crankset and rest of the drivetrain built on SHIMANO’s proven technology. This gives you reliability and confidence from first to last pedal stroke.
- Drivetrain components designed to work in sync with each other for unparalleled effectiveness and reliability
- Spec’d with SHIMANO Hollowtech II bottom bracket for added strength and direct power transfer
The Firebolt Switch Unit control with intuitive operation is ergonomically designed for a MTB. It’s the ultimate in comfort and reliability as you switch between modes while blasting through the trails.
- The e-MTB Switch Unit is ergonomically designed for the specific demands of MTB riding such as riding through tight singletrack and bumpy terrain
- Accurate, smooth shifting between power-assist modes regardless of weather or terrain conditions
- Switch between Boost, Trail, Eco and Walk settings in a flash during the ride
- Shifters incorporate the same design and shifting feel as XT Di2
- Boost: Complete support for a max boost and expert climbing – choose between high, med, or low level of assist.
- Trail: Intuitively smooth gradated support through even the most demanding singletracks. Automatically adjusts its level of support based on pedal pressure. Choose between high, med, or low level of assist.
- Eco: Solid support for those long expeditions.
- Walk: Assists you when you need to get off the bike and walk it – simple to activate.
Extensive choice of power-assist settings to match your unique riding style. Compact, easy-to-read display with dynamic visuals when switching between support settings.
- Further personalize your support settings by choosing Dynamic, Explorer or Custom Mode to perfectly match your riding style and intended terrain
- Computer specifically designed to be compact and durable for MTB riding
- Easy-to-read LCD – each support setting assigned a unique colour
- Sleek bar-mounted computer with dynamic LCD display shows gear number, power assist mode and battery range information
- Wirelessly customise your preferences via Bluetooth
Ultra-durable, powerful battery specially designed for the rigors of mountain biking.
- MTB-dedicated compact, low profile design for improved impact and vibration resistance.
- 1,000 charge cycles with no significant power loss