Focus PARALANE² 9.5 – E-Bike Road
Features – PARALANE² 9.5
Combines the advantages of racing bikes and e-bikes
Light and agile, but with an extra push, when support is needed: the removable motor/battery unit is decoupled from the drive and only noticeable when it makes the ride easier.
More tyre clearance offers greater freedom
The maximum tyre clearance of up to 35 mm gives you the freedom to ride on any type of surface – whether asphalt or gravel tracks.
Our pioneering road-boost standards with wide 148 and 110 mm R.A.T. axles ensure an optimum chain line on E-Racing bikes – which in turn ensures an optimum gearshift and less wear and tear.
FOCUS Integration Technology | F.I.T. Carbon
F.I.T. Carbon is characterized by system integration and lightweight construction. High-strength fibers are dimensioned to offer stability, stiffness and low weight, although the frame shape of the bikes deviates greatly from the norm. This allows Focus to combine battery and engine integration with lightweight carbon construction. The intelligent solution for trend-setting e-bikes.
Comfort Improving Areas | C.I.A.
C.I.A. allows less muscle fatigue due to more comfort. In order to increase the comfort of the bikes, the tube cross-sections of seat stays, chain stays and seat tube (Comfort Improving Areas) are as flat and flexible as possible. This means that the frame absorbs bumps, the bike runs more smoothly and the rider remains powerful for longer.
Road Boost Technology
The wide 148 and 110 mm R.A.T. axles – the Road-Boost standard – are a revolution in road cycling. This allows Focus to ensure an optimum chain line on electric road bikes and thus optimum shifting function and less wear. In addition, the wider axles improve the stability and durability of the wheels.
Rapid Axle Technology | R.A.T.
R.A.T. is the world’ s fastest thru axle and stands for Rapid Axle Technology. It is the first thru axle system that combines the stability, alignment and lateral rigidity of a thru axle with an extremely fast wheel change. In terms of simplicity and speed, the patented R.A.T. system even surpasses conventional quick-releases.
Please note that pedals are not included!
Fazua Evation Technology
|The Fazua drive is silent and resistance-free – for a natural driving experience. It offers a very natural but powerful support with up to 400 watts. The transition at the 25 km / h threshold is very natural as the gear unit is decoupled. Without power assistance, resistance-free pedalling is made possible. In addition, the super-light motor and battery unit can be removed – so you can decide whether you ride your next tour with or without engine. With the engine, you have powerful support for about two hours – and the battery is recharged in just two hours.|
- In order to get the best possible support from the engine, your pedaling frequency should be between 65 and 85 crank revolutions / minute.
- The drive system has a two-sided torque measurement: The more power you bring to the crank, the more support you get back.
- At over 25 km/h, the freewheel decouples the engine from the transmission and you can reach peak speeds on your own, without having to pedal against the engine.
- The software is programmed in a way that the engine supports you very gently when starting up. Just as gently, the engine shuts off at 25 km/h again.
- Fazua deliberately kept the battery small and light: for a particularly long tour you can simply pack a spare battery. With about 15-20% remaining capacity, the support performance is deliberately reduced so that you don’t get stopped abruptly. After 8h, the battery automatically goes into a ‘deep sleep mode’ and must be restarted manually. The battery can NOT be turned on or off via the remote.