If you want a complete yet portable way to use a Pro Tools HDX anywhere, consider the Pro Tools | Ultimate, Thunderbolt 3, HDX Omni Rackmount Bundle from Avid.
First, the bundle offers a perpetual license for Pro Tools | Ultimate, the DAW many professional studios use to serve major artists. Next, you get the HD Omni Interface, a device with a plethora of connections for recording and monitoring. The HDX PCIe card provides the external DSP power that lets you run huge sessions without hiccups.
Finally, the unit offers the HDX Thunderbolt 3 Rackmount Chassis, which facilitates a Thunderbolt connection from the previously mentioned hardware to your computer. This rackmount chassis, fashioned in conjunction with Sonnet, accepts an HDX card. It also can sturdily house your Mac Mini computer. It takes up only 1 RU of rackmount space, and provides a USB 3.0 connection as well.
With these units in one bundle, you’ll have preamps, mic inputs, line inputs, instrument inputs, external DSP, and a way to port it all to your laptop if need be. Mount the HD Omni interface and the Thunderbolt 3 Chassis into a 2 RU rack, and you’ll have everything you need to take a Pro Tools HDX rig to any locale, from the stage to the studio, from your living room to the hotel.
Avid Pro Tools | Ultimate Perpetual License Audio and Music Creation Software (Retail, Download)
Avid Pro Pro Tools | Ultimate Perpetual License (Retail) comes with a 1-Year Software Updates and Support Plan that ensures access to the latest enhancements, future software updates, ExpertPlus support, the Avid Complete Plugin Bundle, and Celemony Melodyne essential, as long as the plan is active.
Pro Tools | Ultimate is the go-to audio-production software for songwriters, musicians, producers, and engineers working in the most demanding production environments in the music, film, and TV industry. Found in most professional recording and post-production facilities (as well as project studios), it provides the ultimate toolset to compose, record, edit, and mix audio. From advanced recording, mixing, editing, and delivery capabilities, surround sound and immersive sound options, easy loop workflows, and groundbreaking cloud collaboration, to first-class effects and advanced automated mixing, Pro Tools | Ultimate makes post production or working with music and soundtracks fast, easy, and efficient—all with pristine 24-bit / 192 kHz audio quality.
Pro Tools | Ultimate Perpetual License offers up to 384 voices/audio tracks (expandable to 768 total), 512 instrument tracks, 1024 MIDI tracks, and 64 mono/stereo video tracks. It also comes with a 1-year access to 9 virtual instruments including UVI Falcon, EQ and dynamics plug-ins, reverb and delay plug-ins, modulation and effects plug-ins, classic stompbox guitar effects plug-ins, and various utility plug-ins—115 plug-ins in total.
With Pro Tools | Ultimate, you can reshape sounds, fix issues, and edit tracks with extreme flexibility and precision. Apply real-time EQ and dynamics to a single clip or clip group with Clip Effects, trim clips, edit notes, and add fades with the Smart Tool. Change tempo or timing on the fly with Elastic Time. You can even make bad notes sound pitch-perfect with Elastic Pitch. Mix everything from mono and stereo sound, to 5.1/7.1 surround and immersive audio.
The software comes with Avid Cloud Collaboration, enabling multiple collaborators to contribute to the same Pro Tools project remotely. You can work on a song with anyone, anywhere in the world as if you were in the same studio—all you need is an internet connection.
Choose to authorize Pro Tools | Ultimate either via cloud license with iLok Cloud or with a physical iLok 2 / iLok 3 key (available separately).
Perpetual License: What’s Included
- Latest version of Pro Tools | Ultimate software.
- 1-year access to all available Pro Tools | Ultimate updates.
- 1-year access to ExpertPlus Support with unlimited priority phone support and online technical support plus billing and account help—response within 4 hours.
- 1-year access to the Avid Complete Plugin Bundle (115 plug-ins in total).
- 1-year access to Celemony Melodyne essential.
- Perpetual access to 1GB of Cloud Collaboration storage, 2GB high-quality loop library, plus over 3GB of bonus samples and sounds for virtual instruments.
- Users who wish to retain access to software updates, the Complete Plugin Bundle, and ExpertPlus support after the initial 1-year period need to purchase a 1-Year Software Updates and Support Plan Renewal before their current updates and support plan expires. The active 1-Year Software Updates and Support Plan currently attached to your Perpetual license can be renewed at any time before it expires, or up to 30 days after its original expiration date (30-day grace period). The original end date (month/day) remains if renewed during the grace period.
- If you did not renew your 1-Year Software Updates and Support Plan before it expired and still want access to software updates, the Complete Plugin Bundle, and ExpertPlus support, you must either buy another Perpetual license or switch to a Subscription by purchasing a Perpetual Crossgrade to 2-year Subscription license (surrender of Perpetual license is required for Crossgrade).
Mix with Speed and Precision
Work with Sound for Picture
Convert Audio to MIDI
Change Pitch and Time with Melodyne
Save Tons of Time with Space Clips
Export Dolby Atmos ADM Files Directly
Discover the Power of the Dark Side
Bring Focus to Your Session with Folder Tracks
Connect to Ableton-Link-Enabled Apps and Devices
Collaborate in the Cloud
Connect, Expand Opportunities, and Get Discovered
Take Hands-On Control of Your Mix
Go Further with Pro Tools | Ultimate
- Support the largest productions with Pro Tools | Ultimate Voice Packs (available separately), enabling you to increase your voice count by 128 voices per pack—up to 768 total.
- Apply real-time EQ and dynamics to a single clip or clip group with Clip Effects.
- Get timesaving workflows for field recording, re-recording, and (with Pro Tools | HDX) in-the-box dubbing.
- Edit audio and video with advanced editing tools and support for up to 64 video tracks.
- Get advanced recording, mixing, and delivery capabilities, including TrackPunch, single-file multi-stem bounce, and Netflix-compliant workflows.
- Get advanced automation features such as Capture, Automatch, and Preview.
- Get more power, pristine sound quality, and expanded workflow versatility with support for Pro Tools | HDX, HD Native, and all Pro Tools premium audio interfaces.
- Control up to 12 Pro Tools | Ultimate workstations from a single transport with the includedSatellite Link.
- Integrate and control external audio and video devices from Pro Tools with the included ProTools | MachineControl.
Avid HD OMNI – Preamp, I/O, and Monitoring Pro Tools HD Series Interface
As the hub of any music studio, the HD OMNI digital audio interface from Avid can be used to record high-quality instrument and vocal performances, while providing dedicated cue mixes for artists, and monitoring their performance through a discrete mix. No need for multiple interfaces. Everything can be done within the single-space rack HD OMNI.
Overdub and Foley recording capabilities are available for post production, in addition to creating monitor mixes with up to 7.1 channels. Further, the user can fold down mixes from 7.1 to almost any channel configuration subset required.
The interface features premium analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog converters that deliver high audio fidelity, extensive dynamic range, super-low jitter, and the lowest possible latency. Built-in sample rate conversion and a soft clip feature allows for worry-free performance, while Curv, a built-in soft-knee limiter catches even the fastest transients.
For those occasions when the Pro Tools software doesn’t need to be launched, or even the computer turned on, the interface features a built-in, customizable, 14-input monitor mixer, allowing for the continued monitoring of external sources, such as keyboards, drum machines, and digital music players, independently from the recording setup.
The interface provides maximum performance, dependability, and control of all inputs, outputs, and routing right from the Pro Tools software interface. The interface and Pro Tools HD hardware will function with other DAW software via full support of Core Audio and ASIO drivers.
- 24-bit analog-to-digital (A/D) and digital-to-analog (D/A) converters, with support for sample rates up to 192kHz
- Two high-quality microphone/DI preamps
- Two XLR and 1/4-inch TRS front panel combo inputs for microphone and instrument level input
- Two XLR back panel microphone inputs
- Two 1/4″ TRS Send and two 1/4″ TRS Return jacks for hardware inserts on channels 1 and 2 (back-panel)
- Four analog 1/4″ TRS line level back panel inputs (channels 1-4)
- Soft Clip and Curv limiting circuits to protect against clipping on analog input
- Eight channels of analog output using a DB-25 breakout cable (sold separately) with variable output gain
- Two channels of analog output using 1/4″ TRS jacks (mirrors channels 1-2 or 7-8 on DB-25 connector)
- Front panel stereo 1/4″ headphone jack
- Route audio independently from Pro Tools with the 14-input persistent monitor mixer
- Eight channels of AES/EBU output (up to 192kHz Single Wire) using a DB-25 breakout cable (sold separately)
- Two channels of AES/EBU XLR input (up to 192kHz Single Wire)
- Two channels of S/PDIF RCA input and output (up to 192kHz)
- Eight channels of ADAT TOSLink input and output
- Support for ADAT S/MUX optical for sample rates of 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192kHz
- Support for two channels of S/PDIF optical with sample rates of up to 96kHz
- Real-time sample rate conversion (SRC) on digital Inputs 1-2 of either AES/EBU, S/PDIF, or optical S/PDIF
- Additional stereo “CUE” output path in Pro Tools for headphone monitoring from the front panel headphone jack
- Front panel Control Room (MAIN/ALT) and headphone monitoring volume control
- Flexible monitoring with fold-down from all stereo and surround formats (up to 7.1 surround)
- Input mixer for low latency direct monitoring of a variety of incoming signals (configured in the Pro Tools Hardware Setup)
- Loop Sync input and output for connecting additional Pro Tools HD interfaces and peripherals
- External Clock input and output for synchronizing HD OMNI with external Wordclock devices
Avid Pro Tools | HDX Thunderbolt 3 Rackmount Chassis
Integrate the power of a Pro Tools | HDX system with your computer thanks to the Avid Pro Tools | HDX Thunderbolt 3 Rackmount Chassis. Built in conjunction with Sonnet—a formidable player in the realm of durable chassis—this rackmount unit can house an HDX PCIe card, available separately. You can connect the system to your Mac or Windows computer via the Thunderbolt 3 ports.
The device can also house a Mac Mini computer. Load it up with a Mac Mini and a Pro Tools | HDX PCIe card, and you’ll be able to take a powerful, self-contained system with you from studio to studio.
This chassis offers two Thunderbolt 3 ports, one for computer connectivity, and another for daisy-chaining other Thunderbolt-compatible devices, making the unit a hub for external DSP or other peripherals if need be. You’ll also have a USB 3.0 port on the front panel of the chassis.
With this rackmount solution, you can run Pro Tools | HDX, as well as external monitors, DSP processors, and more, all interfacing with computers as portable as a laptop. This makes the device an important facilitator in turning Pro Tools | HDX into a portable, powerful studio solution.